- vt. 推斷出；締結；使結束
- vi. 結束；總結；作決定；作協議
- 決定，決心做某事（to do something）
- vt. & vi. 結束 bring to an end
- vt. 得出結論; 斷定 arrive at a belief or opinion
- vt. 決定 decide
decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion;
"We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
bring to a close;
"The committee concluded the meeting"
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
come to a close;
"The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
reach agreement on;
"They concluded an economic agreement"
"We concluded a cease-fire"
- From his appearance we may safely conclude that he is a chain smoker.
- The two countries are reported to have concluded a military convention.
- He conclude the negotiation with dispatch.
- The concert concluded with the National Anthem.
- I want to conclude on a positive note.
- The book concluded happily.
- The press conference concluded at four o'clock.
- The meeting concluded after three hours.
- He concluded his speech.
- They concluded a treaty between the two countries.
- The two countries concluded a treaty on trade.
- The peace negotiations were successfully concluded.
- The young men concluded to join the army.
- They concluded to take over the airport.
- We concluded not to go.
- We concluded not to attend the meeting.
- She finally concluded that she would try to get work in a store.
- The doctor concluded that her disease was a heavy cold.
- From what he says I conclude that he has not much interest in it.
- The judge concluded that the prisoner was guilty.
- They concluded it best to leave the matter as it was.
- They concluded him to have been dead.
- conclude from (v.+prep.)
從…中得出; 推斷 draw (a conclusion) from (sth); deduce
conclude sth/that-clause from sth
What do you conclude from the facts?
Imes concluded from her fluttered look that she was lying.
- conclude with (v.+prep.)
以…結束,在…中結束 make an end (of sth) with sth
conclude sth with sb
They discussed business and concluded transactions with us on the spot.
We concluded an agreement with the enemy and soon made peace.
我們同敵軍簽訂了一項協議,不久就議和了。conclude with sth
The film concludes with the heroine's death.
The election campaign concluded with a mass meeting.
競選活動以群眾集會而宣告結束。conclude sth with sth
We concluded the meeting at eight o'clock with a prayer.
I will conclude this chapter with a quotation.
We'll conclude our concert with the National Anthem.
The program was concluded with a song.
- conclude an agreement 締結協議
- conclude the meeting 結束會議
- conclude one's speech 結束演講
- conclude a treaty 締結條約
- conclude abruptly 突然地結束
- conclude brilliantly 輝煌地結束
- conclude confidently 自信地斷定
- conclude despairingly 失望地決定
- conclude finally 終于結束
- conclude fitly 適當地結束
- conclude happily 愉快地結束
- conclude hastily 草草地結束
- conclude humiliatingly 屈辱地簽訂
- conclude logically 邏輯地斷定
- conclude obviously 明顯地斷定
- conclude officially 官方地決定
- conclude reasonably 合情合理地得出(結論)
- conclude safely 有把握地斷定
- conclude sorrowfully 悲傷地決定
- conclude successfully 結局很圓滿
- conclude superficially 膚淺地得出(結論)
- conclude tragically 結局很慘
I dreamt Of some vast charm concluded in that star.出自： Tennyson
- conclude用作及物動詞時,可接名詞、代詞、動詞不定式或從句作賓語。偶爾也可接以“(to be+) adj. ”充當補足語的復合賓語。
- conclude, accomplish, complete, end, finish
- 這組詞都有“結束”“完成”的意思。它們之間的區別是:conclude是比較正式的用語,常指達成協議,作出決定后正式“結束”,如正式的會議、事物等的結束。也有達到邏輯上的結論的含義。因此常用來表示結束一篇著作、一篇演說或議論; accomplish指堅持不懈地努力完成某項計劃或達到預期的目的; complete強調把未完成的東西或事情完成,有通過彌補某種欠缺使之成為完整之意; end指“停止”“結束”某一進程,但不強調是否已經圓滿完成。常用來指旅行、講演、爭論、戰爭等結束或終止; finish強調完成自己所計劃要干的或所規定的事情或動作,并含有最后加以潤色,使之完美的意味。
- conclude, deduce, gather, infer, judge
- 這幾個詞的共同意思是“推斷”。其區別在于:infer指從不太充分的論據或前提中推斷出結論; conclude指通過推理或判斷而得出結論; deduce指有充分根據地推論或邏輯上地演繹; gather指綜合事物得出印象或感想等; judge通常指經過仔細鑒定或評價之后作出的決斷。例如:
- From his a manner of dress and style of living,I gather that he is man of considerable means.從他的穿著式樣和生活方式,我揣想他是個相當富有的人。
- She had concluded from that her grandmother did not like her.她已從那一點得出結論,斷定她祖母不喜歡她。
- If you saw a doctor leaving a house, you might deduce the fact that someone in the house was ill.你要是看到醫生從一家出來,你就可以推想那家有人生病。
- We see smoke and infer fire.我們看到煙,從而推斷有火。
- Judging from what you said, they ought to succeed.從你說的情況看來,他們應當能成功。
- ☆ 1300年左右進入英語，直接源自古典拉丁語的concludere，意為總結，關閉；最初源自該語的comcludere：com （與） + cludere （關），意為關閉。
- close 關
- assume 假定
- end 結束
- presume 假定
- finish 完成
- terminate 結束
- decide 決定
- deduce 演繹
- complete 完整的
- infer 推斷
- reason 原因
- accomplish 完成
- reckon 計算
- gather 聚集
- suppose 假設
- stop 停止
- finish off 結束
- settle 解決
- clinch 釘牢
- arrange 整理
- achieve 完成
- determine 決定
- fulfil 實踐
- surmise 推測
- think 認為
- resolve 解決
- reason out 推論出
- judge 法官