- n. 撥號盤；刻度盤；日晷；鐘面
- v. 撥號；打電話
- [C]鐘(表)面; 標度盤; 撥號盤 a circle with numbers or letters on it
- vt. & vi. 打電話,撥電話號碼 use a telephone dial to call a number or telephone service
the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
operate a dial to select a telephone number;
"You must take the receiver off the hook before you dial"
choose by means of a dial;
"dial a telephone number"
- The phone number is on the dial.
- Please clean the telephone set including the dial.
- The dial records very slight variations in pressure.
- Can you read the number on the dial?
- What is the good of a sun dial in the shade?
- The clock dial is illuminated at night.
- There was a dial that showed when the bus left.
- Put in the money before dialing.
- What number shall I dial to get long - distance ?
- Is there any discount if I dial in the evening?
- My watch has a luminous dial so I can see it in the dark.
- The cabin of the aircraft was lined with panels full of mysterious dials.
- Do you often dial home?
- Dial 08254711 and you'll get in touch with him.
- He dials his favorite station every morning.
- He dialed the combination to open his locker.
- turn a dial 轉撥號盤
- a dial telephone 自動電話
- dial directly 打直撥電話
Hugh..turned the radio dial back and forth, trying to get San Antonio.出自： M. Lowry
Rows of knobs, dials with needles all set at zero.出自： J. Hawkes