- vt. 傾倒；拋棄；傾銷；拋售；傾卸；[計]轉儲
- vi. 傾倒；突然落下
- n. 垃圾場；軍需供應站
- [C]臟的地方 dirty or unattractive place
- [C]垃圾場 place where rubbish may be unloaded and left
- [P]〈口〉憂郁 sorrow
- vt. 傾倒,丟棄,傾卸; 堆放 put in a place and leave as rubbish; put down carelessly
- vt. 傾銷,拋售 sell abroad at very low price
a coarse term for defecation;
"he took a shit"
a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
(computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device; sometimes used in debugging programs
a place where supplies can be stored;
"an ammunition dump"
throw away as refuse;
"No dumping in these woods!"
sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly;
"The company dumped him after many years of service"
"She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
sell at artificially low prices
drop (stuff) in a heap or mass;
"The truck dumped the garbage in the street"
"It plunged to the bottom of the well"
knock down with force;
"He decked his opponent"
- Some people just dump their rubbish in the river.
- Sealed containers of nuclear waste have been dumped in the sea.
- They dump surplus goods abroad.
- A complete memory dump file is rarely required.
- The last chap-ter covers crash dump analysis.
- You'll be fined if you dump here.
- There is a refuse dump out of the town.
- Life in such a dump is unbearable.
- There is a dump behind the house.
- It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.
- Dump your luggage here.
- Where can I dump the rubbish?
- She dumped the kids at her mother's and went to the theater.
- They dump goods into a certain country.
- The champion was dumped twice but won the fight.
- He was dumped from the company after making a big blunder.
- dump on( v.+prep. )
投放,欺騙某人throw down; cheat sb
dump on sb
I have been dumped on too often,I don't trust people too far.
我經常上當,我不再過分相信別人了。dump sth on sb
I have had all this work dumped on me.
A..vulgar little dump of an old man.出自： Carlyle
Cans of petrol were fetched from a dump close by.出自： J. Hilton
Oakroyd's reply..was to fetch his bag of tools and dump it down at the other's feet.出自： J. B. Priestley
Industrial waste dumped into a river can turn up..thousands of miles away in the ocean.出自： A. Toffler
He..decided to dump the whole thing..into the laps of his superiors.出自： fig.
- discard 丟棄
- unload 卸下
- discharge 排出
- empty 空的
- scrap 碎片
- ditch 溝渠
- throw away 扔掉
- garbage dump 垃圾堆
- put 放
- leave 委托
- abandon 放棄
- walk out on (為表示抗議而)離開...
- get rid of 擺脫
- junkyard [美]廢物堆積場...
- scrapyard 廢品堆放場
- landfill 垃圾填埋地
- scrapheap 廢物堆(渣子堆)...
- hole 洞
- pigsty 豬圈
- eyesore 剌眼的東西
- mess 混亂
- throw 扔
- monstrosity 巨大而丑陋之物...
- away 離開
- waste-yard 垃圾場
- dumpsite 垃圾場
- floor 地面
- coldcock 把 ... 打昏
- shit 表示憤怒、厭惡等的感嘆詞...
- plunge 使投入
- deck 甲板
- knock down 擊倒
- rubbish dump 垃圾堆
- wasteyard 廢物場
- underprice 削價競售
- trash dump 垃圾堆