- n. 朋友；支持者；友人
- vt. 與 ... 為友
- [C]朋友,友人 person that you like and know very well
- [C]同胞; 自己人,同盟者 person who is of the same country, group, etc. as oneself; ally
- [C]極有益或熟悉的事物 thing that is very helpful or familiar
a person you know well and regard with affection and trust;
"he was my best friend at the university"
an associate who provides cooperation or assistance;
"he's a good ally in fight"
a person with whom you are acquainted;
"I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"
"we are friends of the family"
a person who backs a politician or a team etc.;
"all their supporters came out for the game"
"they are friends of the library"
a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
- A friend in need is a friend indeed.
- My friend invited me to dine out.
- I made friends with Bill in high school.
- Mr. Green has been a friend of community charity.
- He has been a good friend to me.
- The death of his friend made him sad at heart.
- A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
- Every man desiring to be a friend of this world makes himself a hater of God.
- His friend happened along.
- The two friends sat in a corner and chatted about the weather.
- An old friend hailed me from across the street.
- He could not bear that his friends should laugh at him.
- She hasn't determined what friends to invite to her birthday party.
- He groaned out the story of how his friend had been killed.
- I couldn't come myself, so I sent my friend.
- I require to go to the railway station to meet a friend.
- She disgraced her family and friends.
- I came here and searched out an old friend.
- He deceived his friends about his income.
- A friend in need is a friend in deed.
- He faithlessly forsook his friends in their hour of need.
- I encountered a friend on the plane.
- He saluted his friends with a wave of the hand.
- Don't publish the faults of your friends.
- He yelled goodbye to his friends.
- She has shown her new ring to her friends.
- He spent a pleasant hour in talking with friends.
- Who is there—friend or foe?
- At last, among friends, he was free to speak his mind.
- Honesty has always been his best friend.
- Friends, it is with great pleasure that I introduce Mary to you.
- They are all friends to the cause of world peace.
- He is a friend to Mr. White.
- “We are friends with China.”she replied.
- He always keeps friends with me.
- make friends
交友,建立友誼 form friendships
- assist a friend 幫助朋友
- back up a friend 支持朋友
- become friends with sb 和某人交朋友
- break with a friend 和朋友絕交
- call on a friend 拜訪朋友
- choose a friend 選擇朋友
- forget a friend 忘記朋友
- get a friend 交朋友
- have a friend 有朋友
- invite a friend 邀請朋友
- keep friends with sb 與某人保持友好
- make friends (with sb) (和某人)交朋友
- meet a friend 迎接〔看到,遇到〕朋友
- miss one's friend 想念朋友
- see a friend 看望朋友
- sell one's friend 出賣朋友
- stand up for one's friend 支持朋友
- stay friends with sb 與某人保持友好
- thank a friend 感謝朋友
- visit a friend 拜訪朋友
- win a friend 贏得朋友
- best friend 最好的朋友
- casual friend 偶然認識的朋友
- close friend 親密的朋友
- common friend 共同的朋友
- dear friend 親愛的朋友
- distinguished friend 尊貴的朋友
- false friend 虛偽的朋友
- familiar friend 熟悉的朋友
- far-away friend 遠方的朋友
- fast friend 可靠的朋友
- firm friend 盟友
- foreign friend 外國朋友
- good friend 好朋友
- great friend 知己
- international friend 國際友人
- low-brow friend 低級趣味的朋友
- loyal friend 忠誠的朋友
- new friend 新朋友
- old friend 老朋友
- old-time friend 從前的朋友
- personal friend 私人朋友
- real friend 真正的朋友
- seeming friend 表面上的朋友
- selfish friend 自私的朋友
- sometime friend 以前的朋友
- tried friend 可靠的朋友,經過考驗的朋友
- true friend 忠實的朋友
- unfailing friend 可靠的朋友
- warm friend 親熱的朋友
- boy friend 男(的)朋友
- childhood friend 孩提時代的朋友
- family friend 家庭共同的朋友
- girl friend 女(的)朋友
- New Year postcard friend 只是在新年寄張賀年卡的朋友
- school friend 同學,校友
An intimate and beloved friend of my own.出自： R. G. Collingwood
A friend in need is a friend indeed.出自：Proverb
- be〔make, keep〕 friends with sb 中的主語和賓語不論是單數還是復數, friends總是復數形式。
- be friends with sb, make friends with sb
- 這兩個短語意思有所不同:前者的意思是“是某人的朋友”或“與某人友好”,強調一種狀態; 后者的意思是“與某人交朋友”,強調的是一時的動作。試比較:
- I'm great friends with him.
- Haas found it hard to make friends with others.
- He is a friend of mine.
- He is my friend.
- A friend of his has just arrived.
- His friend has just arrived.
- ☆ 直接源自古英語的frēond，意為朋友。