the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- I gave the alarm as soon as I saw the smoke.
- The maths teacher was furious and gave me 50 lines.
- Do you mean to tell me you gave 1500 for that pile of scrap metal!
- The shopkeeper gave us short weight: we got 7.5 kilos instead of 10 kilos.
- She gave a talk on her visit to China.
- It is said that James Watt's observation of steam issuing from a kettle gave birth to the idea of the steam engine.
- Jones said that his train had been delayed; the foreman gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not reduce his pay for being late.
- He gave utterance to his thoughts.
- give 給