- vt. 說服；勸說
- vt. & vi. 說服,勸告 make sb believe or do sth by talking to him
win approval or support for;
"Carry all before one"
"His speech did not sway the voters"
cause somebody to adopt a certain position, belief, or course of action; twist somebody's arm;
"You can't persuade me to buy this ugly vase!"
- How can I persuade you of my sincerity?
- We are persuaded of the justice of her case.
- I am not fully persuaded by the evidence.
- You try and persuade her (to come out with us).
- He is easily persuaded.
- She persuaded easily.
- The boy persuades easily.
- Nothing would persuade him.
- I tried hard to persuade him.
- It was difficult to persuade him because he was very stubborn.
- Despite all my efforts to persuade him, he wouldn't agree.
- It's easy to persuade them, if you go the right way about it.
- She soon persuaded her husband.
- She persuaded her several friends.
- It is easy to persuade oneself.
- I was fully persuaded.
- I shall persuade him to take the medicine.
- Naturally, we'll do our best to persuade people to buy our products.
- I was at last able to persuade him to take this job.
- I persuaded my brother to accept the job.
- He succeeded in persuading her to give up her part-time job.
- She wanted to persuade her brother to give up smoking, but in vain.
- Who persuaded you to write that letter?
- I persuaded my friend to go swimming yesterday.
- I want to persuade this little girl to go overseas with me.
- I was able at last to persuade my companion to take my advice.
- I'll persuade him to go with you.
- He is persuading his daughter to change her mind.
- The young mother persuaded her son to have a cup of milk.
- He was persuaded to try again.
- She was persuaded to marry John.
- persuade into (v.+prep.)
勸某人做某事 cause sb to do sth; convince sb to do sth
persuade sb into v-ing
You try and persuade her into coming with us.
He couldn't persuade me into accepting his terms.
Who persuaded you into writing that letter?
I have persuaded him into doing it.
He persuaded her into going to the dinner party.
Her mother persuaded her into staying at home for a whole day.
He is the sort of man that could be persuaded into doing everything.
She was persuaded into doing it against her will.
- persuade (of) (v.+prep.)
使某人確信 cause sb to convince
persuade sb/oneself of sth
How can I persuade you of my sincerity?
They couldn't persuade him of their sincerity.
We had to persuade them of the need to evacuate their house.
We persuaded him of its importance.
I have persuaded him of its truth.
Tom can't persuade himself of my sincerity.
I'm firmly persuaded of the man's innocence.
I'm thoroughly persuaded of his loyalty.
That man was almost persuaded of her honesty.
那個人幾乎相信她是誠實的。persuade sb/oneself that-clause
At last I persuaded him that he was wrong.
They persuaded him that this medicine was excellent for his colds.
She wanted to buy the orange dress, but we persuaded her that the blue one was much fitter.
He persuaded her that he was honest.
We could not persuade him that she was telling the truth.
How can I persuade you that I am grateful to you?
I could not persuade myself that this exciting moment would ever come.
I could not persuade myself that it was good for the health.
I persuaded myself that I could make contributions to the motherland.
He persuaded himself that he could finish the business.
They were persuaded that we would accept the invitation.
I'm almost persuaded that he is honest.
How can I be persuaded that you are sincere?
It was easily persuaded that he must be a very good man.
- persuade out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
勸某人放棄做某事 prevent sb from a course by talking to sb
persuade sb out of sth/v-ing
He persuaded me out of the idea of discontinuing the experiment.
We persuaded him out of lending his money to that untrustworthy man.
- persuade artfully 巧妙地說服
- persuade easily 容易被說服
- persuade eloquently 有力地勸說
- persuade firmly 堅定的說服
- persuade forcibly 有說服力地勸說
- persuade fully 完全說服
- persuade tactfully 巧妙地說服
- persuade thoroughly 徹底說服
- persuade in 勸某人進去
- persuade over here 把某人勸過來
- persuade up 把某人勸起來
Be persuaded into being respectable.出自： Dickens
I've been trying to persuade Izzy down to the city for the last five years.出自： M. Shadbolt
Nothing would persuade many..important publishers to disclose their turnover figures.出自： S. Unwin
- persuade的基本意思是“說服”,指通過曉之以理或動之以情的各種方法如勸說、辯論、懇求等,能使或已使某人相信某事或者接受某建議而做或不做某事。強調不僅“說”,而且使之“服”。假如只表示“說服”這種動作,而不知對方已經或者能否“服”,則不用persuade,應該用try〔want〕 to persuade。
- persuade既可用作及物動詞,也可用作不及物動詞。用作及物動詞時,后可接名詞或代詞作賓語; 作不及物動詞時,主動形式常含有被動意義,即主語是被說服的對象,這種用法通常見于一般時態,并帶 easily 之類的狀語,說明“說服”的難易度。persuade還可接以動詞不定式充當補足語的復合賓語。
- persuade作“使相信,使確信”解時,其后可接of引出相信的內容。當of的賓語是that從句時, of須省略。
- persuade into可表示“說服某人做某事”; persuade out則表示“說服某人不做某事或放棄某想法”。
- persuade, advice
- 這兩個詞的區別在于：advice只指“勸”而不表示“服”; 而persuade則不僅“勸”,而且使之“信”或“服”。例如:
- I advised her, but she would not listen to me.
- I persuaded her to give up smoking.
- persuade, convince
- I could not persuade her of his death.
- She is still not convinced of his death.
- How can I convince her of its truth?
- She persuades me to take the medicine.
- You try and persuade him.
- Is he convinced of your innocence?
- persuade, dissuade, lobby
- I can't be persuaded of his honesty.
- I can't persuade myself of his honesty.
- I never persuade him to do it.
- I always persuaded him not to do such a thing.
- I will never persuade him to do it.
誤 He persuaded me to join in the discussion, but as I was in a bad humour,I refused.
正 He tried to persuade me to join in the discussion, but as I was in a bad humour,I refused.我試圖勸說她讓我跟她一塊兒去,但沒有成功。
誤 I persuaded her to let me go with her, but failed.
正 I tried to persuade her to let me go with her, but failed.
析 表示“試圖勸說某人做某事”可說try to persuade sb to- v ,不可說persuade sb to- v , persuade sb to- v 表示“(已經)說服某人做某事”。推銷員勸說我們買他的產品。
誤 The salesman persuaded us that we bought his product.
正 The salesman persuaded us to buy his product.
誤 We persuaded him about our good intentions.
正 We persuaded him of our good intentions.
- ☆ 直接源自中古法語的persuader；最初源自拉丁語的persuadere，意為通過談話來轉變。
- persuasive adj. 能說服的；善于游說的