- [C]避難者；難民 sb who has been forced to leave their country for political reasons or during a war
an exile who flees for safety
- The refugee was condemned to a life of wandering.
- The refugee is is lodge in an old army camp.
- The television picture bring home to us all the plight of the refugee.
- The refugees made an arduous journey through the mountains.
- Refugees crossed the border to escape the carnage in their homeland.
- The economy was further burdened by a flood of refugees.
- The refugees want to be resettled in London.
- The refugees were constantly in peril of death from hunger.
- The government pledged to rehouse the refugees.
- The government is trying to stop the increasing flow of refugees entering the country.
The swarms of refugees, who fled eastward over Germany as the French power advanced.出自： L. Strachey
When the Nazis invaded..she..harboured refugees in her home.出自： P. Mailloux