- [C] 挫折；阻礙 difficulty or problem that delays or prevents sth, or makes a situation worse
an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- He met with many a setback in his lifetime.
- This setback has drained away my keenness.
- Undaunted by his first setback, he decided to try once more.
- This latest arrest was just one minor setback.
- I am not going to let the setback throw me.
- In making scientific experiments,one should not be cast down by temporary setbacks.