the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention;
"the exercise of their volition we construe as revolt"
the act of making a choice;
"followed my father of my own volition"
- She offered to help us of her own volition.
- She left entirely of her own volition.
- I didn't ask him to go;he went of his own volition.
- Such cloudy weather can wear people's volition.
- How can ability make his volition firmer?
I don't know when it would have occurred to us to leave of our own volition.出自： I. Murdoch